Mexican Inspired Rice and Beans Recipe | Black Bean Recipes | One Pot Vegan Recipe
▶️ RECIPE INGREDIENTS LIST: (4 servings approx.)
1 Cup / 200g White Basmati Rice (washed thoroughly with water)
2 Cups / 1 Can (540ml Can) Cooked Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
3 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 +1/2 / 200g Cup Onion – Chopped
1 Cup / 150g Green Bell Pepper – Chopped
1 Cup / 150g Red Bell Pepper – Chopped
2 Tablespoon Garlic – finely chopped
3/4 Cup / 175ml Strained Tomatoes / Passata
1 Teaspoon Cumin
1 Teaspoon Paprika
1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper or to taste
1 Cup / 125g Frozen Corn kernels (you can use fresh corn)
1 Cup / 225ml Vegetable Broth (low sodium)
Salt to Taste (I have added total 1+3/4 Tsp of Pink Himalayan Salt)
1+1/2 cup / 100g Green Onion – chopped
1/2 to 3/4 cup / 20 to 30g Cilantro or to taste – chopped
OPTIONAL – Lemon or Lime juice to taste (Taste the rice first and ADD ONLY IF IT’S NEEDED, I have added 1/2 tablespoon as I like it a bit sour)
Black pepper to taste (I have added 1/2 teaspoon)
Drizzle of extra virgin Olive oil (I have added 1 tablespoon of organic cold pressed olive oil)
Thoroughly wash the rice – a few times until the water runs clear. Drain 1 can of black beans. Set the rice and beans aside to drain any excess water.
(Use a Wider Pot to cook this dish, that way the rice can cook more evenly without getting mushy).
To a heated pot add olive oil, red and green bell pepper, salt and fry on medium to medium high heat (depending on the heat of your stove) until the onions and pepper starts to caramelize. Adding salt to onion/peppers will release it’s moisture and help it cook faster, so don’t skip it.
Once the onion starts to caramelized add the strained tomatoes, ground cumin, paprika, cayenne and mix well. Add the washed rice, cooked black beans, corn kernels, salt, vegetable broth and mix well. Bring it to a boil and then cover and cook on low heat for about 15 minutes or until the rice is cooked (but not mushy).
Uncover and turn off the heat. Add the chopped green onion, cilantro, lemon juice, black pepper, drizzle of olive oil and mix it very gently because rice is very soft at this point and over mixing can cause the rice grains to break.
(NOTE: taste the rice before adding lemon juice and add lemon juice ONLY IF NEEDED)
Cover and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving. This recipe is perfect for meal planning and can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
▶️ IMPORTANT NOTES:
– Use a Wider Pot to cook this dish, so that the rice can cook more evenly without getting mushy
– Every stove is different so regulate the heat accordingly
– The Cooking time depends on several factors – the type of pot being used, heat of the stove, moisture content of the ingredients etc. so please use your judgement and adjust the cooking time accordingly
– Thoroughly wash the rice until the water runs clear to get rid of any impurities/gunk (it’s an important step so please do not skip it)
– This recipe is for white basmati rice, if you are using a different kind of rice adjust the water accordingly
– Adding salt to onion/peppers will release it’s moisture and will help it cook/caramelize faster, so please don’t skip this step
– After adding the garnish, mix it very gently, rice is very soft at this point and this will prevent the rice grains from breaking
– After mixing the garnish, cover the lid and let the rice sit for 5 minutes before serving – for the flavors to blend
– taste the rice before adding lemon juice and add lemon juice ONLY IF NEEDED
Indian Lemon Fried Rice Recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zvHhtJWgVo
Herb & Lemon White Bean Potato Stew: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27_atY3R0fA
Delicious White Bean Cauliflower Curry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5xu9uATBTg
Eggplant Chickpea Stew Recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td4H4X_MywY
Welcome to the Official YouTube Channel of Food Impromptu! Food Enthusiast, Plant-Based and Vegan Recipes Creator
Here you will find easy and nourishing vegan recipes for your everyday cooking. My goal is to make the transition to a Plant Based diet achievable and effortless using everyday ingredients. I draw my inspiration from classic, traditional, and modern cuisines from around the world. I take pride in creating recipes and videos for your best viewing experience.
Follow Food Impromptu on social media:
Instagram ▶️ https://www.instagram.com/foodimpromptu.original/
Pinterest ▶️ https://www.pinterest.ca/foodimpromptu/_saved/
Subscribe to Food Impromptu here ⤵️
#mexicanricerecipe #veganrecipes #riceandbeansrecipe #mexicanrecipes #mexicanriceandbeansrecipe #easyveganrecipes #easymexicanricerecipe #quickandeasyricerecipe #howtomakemexicanblackbeansrecipe #veganrecipe
View original video by clicking here.